Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

*ULP*

בס"ד
Tamuz 3


Filled with terror at the prospect of trying to download 2 weeks worth of e-mails into my inbox, & the dire consequences of that act (total computer meltdown), I have finally re-obtained the secret URL, password & handshake necessary to access my squirrel mail online.

Over 2,500 unread messages.
This is the first time in my life I've prayed for junk mail.

Since this will take me some time, I'll leave you with 10 blog posts I've selected for poularity & content for your viewing pleasure:

1. History of women in sofrut (as I have researched & understand it)
2. Summer '06 teaching in Jerusalem
3. Some sofrut basics
4. Written on & about my last birthday
5. Gender, mitzvot & permissive folks
6. Preparing kosher deer parchment
7. Miraculous story about tzedaqah
8. Some correspondence between me & the sofer stam who certified me
9. Childbirth amulet I'm grateful to've had the opportunity to write
10. Magical Torah repair

Wish me luck.
Pray for the safe & quick return of Gil'ad Shalit still held captive in Gaza & for the soul of Eliyahu Asheri murdered by Hamas.
Shabbat Shleymut.




Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort it by sender. it will help ...

*hugs*

2:01 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks, Lady Peninah :)
It has helped a TON!
Much gratitude to you
(bows)

9:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google