Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

IN SIGHT

בס"ד
19 Sivan


I'm taking my Mum in for eye surgery this morning. Please pray for it to go easily & fully restore her vision. Her name's Karryn Barclay, daughter of Muriel. Bless you.




Technorati tags: , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , .

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

10-4, Avielah.

12:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep Karryn bat Muriel in my prayers -- and you, too! I hope the surgery goes well and has the intended result.

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks, guys. & thanks to everyone who e-mailed & called me privately, too!
It took a lot longer than expected, but she's doing well & the surgeon is pleased with how things are looking now, B"H.

5:31 p.m.  
Blogger Zachary Goelman said...

Great to hear that the surgery was successful.
Love the blog (first time seeing it).
When you write Bet-Sin-Dalet beside the post, are you invoking be'sadya d'shmaya? Or are you announcing your livelong pledge to the Black Saints' Disciples, the notorious crip set operating out of the Tri-City?

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

I'm glad everything worked out fine, Avielah! Prayers for a complete recovery and yes, B"H!

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
ZACH!
Nice blog - didn't know you were out here. Welcome :)
Oh, I'm totally Crips. Your knew that from our Hillel daze, didn't you? ;)
& hey, is that a new pic of you? Where are your dreds?

Regina - we're not out of the woods yet, so please keep Mum in mind...how's your dad doing, btw?

5:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google