Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

COMMUNICATIONS BREAKDOWN

בס"ד
21 Adar


DSC04599
"Avinu Malkeynu" copyright A. Barclay. Lightfast inks & watercolours on acid-free watercolour paper. Text from
"Siddur Sim Shalom".

One of the requests made of G@d in the above piece is there there never be a "machloket" or disagreement between husband & wife. A lovely wish. May Ha-Shem grant us all the ability to resolve our disagreements with respect, ease & in the right time.

As for me, it turns out that my e-mail is once again acting frrreaky. In January my 'puter imploded & I lost a ton of unfiled messages in my Mail program. In February I got it kind of working, but have not recovered any of the lost e-mails. Now I find out that various people with hotmail accounts, accounts with a particular shul in Winnipeg & even messages from my own Mum are not getting through.
This is heavy badness. I need to communicate with family, friends & clients without publishing my phone number on the internet. So if you've tried to connect with me & it's been returned or you just haven't heard from me, please keep trying or leave me a comment here (just name & one-word subject, please - nothing explicit).




Technorati tags: , , , ,, , , .

4 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

I sent you email that bounced back- just a short note saying that the Jewish Encyclopedia spells Shekhinah as Shekinah and that they have a short article on her there.

7:02 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks, blackherring. I'm hoping to waste a few hours of my good friend & neighbour Jay some Sunday - & maybe do some babysitting in exchange...

Very useful link for this post, Talmida, thanks. It never occurred to me to do a search without the first "h", as I don't think that the letter Khaf which gives us the "kh" sound (think coughing up a hairball) in "Shekhinah" is ever pronounced as a "k" in this word. In Arabic, it's "shakun" - the same root - pronounced "k", but not Hebrew.
:)

11:33 p.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D


Hi Aviel, shalom shalom!

I'd like to catch up with you in private space off the web, but don't have good contact info for you. Beyond, that is, your have a mind of its own email! (heh-heh)

I opened a new eaddress through my web site just for occasions like this-- when friends need to catch up without giving my primary eaddress to the web crawlers.

Here it is, if you email me I can send my other contact info back to you.

Blessings to all the holy chevre that pass through this site, and Blessings to you, Aviel for a new year of peace and rejuvination.
AmEn.

maggidsarah can be found at:

altermaggid@moshavhaam.org

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Blessings back at you, Sister Sarah. I'll be in touch :)

4:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google