Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

TODAY WAS THE 42ND DAY OF THE OMER

בס"ד
28 Iyyar


Malkhut she-be-Yesod
DSCF0036

DSCF0037




Technorati tags: , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

16 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

May the future bring you only joy and blessings.

2:41 a.m.  
Blogger Peter said...

I sorrow for the reason for this. And I celebrate your getting it (particularly having read Esther Bronner's A Weave of Women). Mazel Tov!

4:54 a.m.  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

What's צביתי?

7:33 a.m.  
Blogger Alisha said...

What Simon said. May this be the beginning of a new era for you, and may the difficulties of this experience only make you more prepared to celebrate the s'machot that will, b"H, come your way.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger Talmida said...

I'm sorry about this Aviel - but I too echo Simon's prayer.

Shalom.

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

Oh, Aviel- I can only say that one must follow their heart and know that G@d is always with them in these very difficult situations...
Shalom to you...

5:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you and certainly wish you all the love and success you deserve in the future.

Call anytime. It would be great to hear from you.

7:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kadimah, Avielah.

Love, Laura

3:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aviel,
Thanks for letting me know about your get. It should be B'shaa Tova and may it bring you lots of good Mazal and many blessings.

11:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard you gave the Shabbes women's shiur back home in Vancouver only two days after your get. Such courage and bravery. Hashem will heal you from this trauma.

8:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}}

8:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

freakin' sad. you deserve better.

12:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
it was very sad for ne to read your maill/
how u doing now?
i hope it all will be came-up for the best... for all of u/
where r u now? in Vancouver? r u planning a visit in Israel?
i sending u  big hug from here/

1:03 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
I thank all of you so much for your comments, both public & private. This ordeal has been the most challenging of my life & the support, love & guidance I have received from family, friends & even strangers has sustained me. I'm so grateful to you & to Ha-Shem.
I am desperately sad at this outcome, however I take some comfort in knowing that I did everything in my power to encourage our taking a different course.
I wish my ex all the best of whatever he needs.

9:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Aviel!!

3:03 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
(blush)

4:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google