Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

DO OVER!

BS"D

Can we get a do-over for today? It was horrible :(

I mean, last night was good, B"H, the miqveh & all & it's little green tiles (I always go to miqveh before I correct Sifrei, so this tevilah is not necessarily connected with our keeping of taharat hamishpachah) but there's something unmentionable going on with the women's miqveh, so I was shown to the men's. Luckily, it was all clean & stuff - since men don't have to use a belt sander on their bodies like women do before they enter the water, they leave all kinds of personal things behind in a miqveh - but this time, no prob.

But today was just one thing after another. Including that we locked ourselves - ok, I locked us out of the house we were staying at with the bulk of Joel's stuff still inside. I just wanted to make sure the cats wouldn't escape & what do I get for my trouble? Major drag. We were expected in the next town & couldn't leave this one until our hosts returned, G@d knows when. We tried to break into the house. We moped on the front steps, starving.

Finally they came home. We finished our chores & bid them adieu. I felt pretty sheepish. We had a long drive ahead of us & we were really late. Did I mention that the ink I'd brought for the Hebrew School kids to write with this Sunday spilled in the car?

The drive was pretty, of course - heading into the wilderness to seek the Jews always is a scenic trip. Our wonderful hosts were glad to see us & we settled in. We visited a bit with them, but ultimately needed to crash due to the late night & tragically wasted day. I'd hoped to start in on their Sefer Corrections, but went to bed instead.

Til tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google