Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

PROOF OF GLOBAL CONSCIOUSNESS

BS"D


I woke this morning feeling just as crooked & bent as I did when I went to bed last night. The screw in my hand hurts & the area between my index & middle finger is swollen. That's where the greatest nerve damage was done when my hand was crushed, & these two fingers, which have not straightened in 14 years, are two of the three digits vital to my work.

I've noticed that the traffic on my site decreases each time I kvetch about the pain I'm in. So I'm taking the hint & will lighten up on updating everyone on my physical challenges.

So instead, here's more proof that G@d exists:
The Global Conciousness Project

Not that I need "proof". The proof is within each one of us, I believe, & on the outside as well. I know this sounds irrational to people without faith, but that's one of those interesting differences which is in fact commonalities :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I have been away for a few days and kvetching had nothing to do with it! {grin} May the pain pass...

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger Alisha said...

Yes, don't be silly. Kvetch away...but feel better!

7:31 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
Aw, thanks guys :)

11:40 p.m.  
Blogger shanna said...

ditto. Kvetching is necessary for the proper continuation of life. :)

3:46 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
There's nothing like virtual sympathy :D

1:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google