Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

BS"D

THE DRISHA IS MY *HERO*!


Tuesday, August 17th
When I'm dead (in the right time, but not before Moshiach, G@d willing) I hope that my critics will be fewer & that in this process of learning & writing I display a combination of courage, willpower and impassioned faith that inspires others to draw nearer to G@d; that I don't leave anyone with the impression that I do what I do for self-aggrandisement.
Drisha - Jofa -
At the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance offices I was greeted like a celebrity. I just came by to drop off more Womens Torah Project brochures for Kadima, but they kept me there for a bit, their smiling, enthusiastic faces so welcome :) The secretary there was *awesome*. I promised to send them some Halakhic sources for this work.
Drisha was the opposite - they were in newer quarters than 2 years ago when I came - very sleek & chic & cold & hard & mod. All mint & chrome. & a ghost town. NO one was there. You could hear a pin drop. I walked in, no security, & wrote a note about the brochures & left them in plain sight on the reception desk. I searched the entire floor, every place, & there wasn't a soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google