Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

BS"D

WHAT DOES THE ECHO OF CHESED SOUND LIKE?

Thursday, August 11th
Davenen silent & peaceful. Thank G@d.
Confirmed addresses for Manhattan Women's Torah Project brochure drop-offs (Drisha, B'nai Jeshurun, Edah, Jofa)...
Walked all around & the upper west side ones had moved to various places - EDAH to Jersey. But I got them in the end.
Got groceries @ Gary Null's Whole Foods - & I'm reading a book he wrote in the 70's. R' Dave has an unbelieveable variety of books - everything from Talmud Bavli to comics. I have tremendous respect for this man :)
I moved the car, because that's what you do in New York City. The Car Dance. This bi-weekly exercise make me so crazy I want to become Amish. Except for the being Christian part.

JOEL!!!

"And in general, this is an important rule in the struggle of ideas: we should not immediately feel obliged to refute any idea that comes to contradict something in the Torah, but rather we should build the palace of Torah above it. In so doing we reach a more exalted level, and through this exaltation the ideas are clarified. And thereafter, when we are not pressured by anything, we can confidently also fight on the Torah's behalf."
- Rabbi Avraham Yitzchaq Kook, Iggerot HaReayah I, 163-164

I'm deep into this womens' learning book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google