Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Friday, November 04, 2005

INTERFAITH LOVE-IN

בס"ד

2 Cheshvan

Jordan & I are part of a mutual appreciation club. Although we did not begin our comparative religion dialogue, as I like to call it, until quite late (almost 20 years ago!) I must still gratefully credit him with much positive infulence in my life. In addition to his general gentle Liberalism, a value which went under nourished in my childhood home, I am eternally thankful for his introducing me to Gematria (a Greek term used for Jewish numerology based on the value of Hebrew letters which is used for Torah study, among other things). & the rest is history. I am now a soferet partially due to his ongoing dialogue with me over most of our lives & will always be indebted to him for this. He crows about me here, which I could not allow to go unacknowledged.
Thank you, Jordan, for the continuing sacred conversation which uncovers the Divine Revealed Within, the full face of G@d.
Shekhinah.

Shabbat Shalom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

and you're going to be on TV!! I hope it'll be broadcast here some day :)

2:21 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Yes, kena hora (against the evil eye), the documentary will air in the USA November 13th on the Faith & Values channel & on November 16th & 17th in Canada on Vision TV. It's being shown in Israel at Yedidya, but I don't know when or where yet.

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Yedidya is about 15 minutes walk from my house, so that is just splendid :))))

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Peter said...

And we just got cable, so we can watch Vision TV. Woo hoo! Break a leg, not a nib, or equivalent blessing... :)

5:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google