Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

SHIR SHEL YA'AQOV

BS"D


My sweet friend & Joel's magid colleague, Shir-Yaakov, made Haaretz. Check out this link. He's the Chasid on the right.
I miss his presence & energy very much. He's one of the few sofrim who consider me authentic in my skills & kavanah. His music is amazing. You would not believe how magical it is when he leads bentsching. & his artists' soul is deep & wide, so big your whole house could fall in...
I send him every blessing in Yerushalayim.

4 Comments:

Blogger shanna said...

I've tried emailing him and still haven't heard back...if you and/or Joel are actually in touch with him (via something other than his blog), please ask him to drop me a line! (Nothing vital, I just want to say hi.)

10:27 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
Will do!
You know, he will be at Elat Chayyim for the last installment of his Magid training with Joel the first week of August. I'm teaching Hebrew calligraphy & midrash on the Alefbet that week there, too - you should come, at least for Shabbes :)

9:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, OK, I'm at least thinking about it. I would need to take some vacation time on Friday and, depending on whether I'm in the same job this fall or not, I may not be able to do that (because I would need to save that time to use for the chaggim).

This is August 5-7 or 12-14?

12:58 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
August 5 - 7. The food is organic, local, milchik. There are rooms available, or you can camp :)
There's more info on the web site as well.

7:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google