Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

SIGH...

BS"D


From: CENSORED
Date: Tue Mar 1, 2005 1:48:21 PM US/Pacific
Subject: The Torah

Your desire to write a Torah is not being done for the
sake of heaven but for the sake of Femminism ,you are
just further desecrating Torah and Judaism like the
liberal branches of dying Judaism you represent .If
you really wanted to express G-Ds will in this world
through the talent of art that you have then do it on
canvas ,not desecrating the Holy letters of the Torah
.The good news is your Torah is not Kosher so it will
go down in history with the rest of the make believe
Judaisms you represent .Ironically this is the day of
the completion of the Shas hundreds of thousands of
Torah true Jews are celebrating and they,re wifes are
happy and content with they,re big families G-D has
blessed them with .I really pity women like you who
need to find these abberations of Judaism to express
they,re spirtuality .The real sanctification of G-Ds
name and Torah would be you saying you were wrong and
hiring a real scribe to write the Sefer Torah with the
money you fraudulan! tly collected .Repent or pay the
price of Hashems wrath.


Yeah, I get it. They have dominated this practice throughout our history, & since their monopoly is now threatened by me & a growing number of women learning sofrut, they will intimidate me back into my box labelled "Woman's role", a box built & named by men a very long time ago. I'm sorry, but I would have found a Halakhic challenge far more interesting. This vitriol just sounds to me like a Jewish version of fundamentalist Christianity. Especially that last sentence...
Anyway, my loyal husband took care of it for me. He's a champion antler-waver :D


B"H

CENSORED, shalom. You do not know my wife,
therefore you do not know whether she acts lishma or
not. I strongly recommend that you consult with your
Rav regarding the advisability of such lashon, which
seems to me presumptuous and aggressive. You have my
permission to share my email with him. And, in any
case, I respectfully request that you never speak to
or of my wife in this manner again.
May we each and all merit to perform haShem's mitzvot
with clear guidance and pure intent, that our children
may see Moshiach in their days.

Blessings to you and yours,
Joel Rothschild


Ameyn, hubby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google