Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

THE MISHKANEER

BS"D


To Joel as a comment on his blog at http://www.soferet.com/mishkaneer, "Fly, My Pretties, Fly!"

"BS"D

I relate heavily to your statement, "...the weave's denial of its cloth (not to mention the Loom) is the oldest idolatry in the book. We are all guilty as charged."
Yes, especially me, who has been so focused on re-making, re-newing, re-entering, that when others remind me of the ore from which I was wrought, I feel vulnerable.
To be real, you need to celebrate your own history, humble & tormented as it might be. What does it matter what others think; it's yours. Wear it gladly. You need to celebrate the history of your own parents & grandparents, too, even if they weren't the nicest people. It is the clay out of which you sprang; reject it & you reject yourself. Only bad can come of that. Cherish whatis yours. Protect it. Defend it. Never accept the evaluation of outsiders in regard to it. Refuse to be trivialised.
I honour your words & your work!"

Every origin is real & has value & will not desert you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google