Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

BS"D

SAVLANUT, BEVAKASHA

I want to extend a hand to all of you who have written me privately over the past few weeks to thank you for your words, your questions, your support & *most of all*, your patience. A documentary film crew shared my life this past while, so I have been unable to attend to much of the work I am accustomed to completing as a result. No, my Torah writing didn't suffer, much, I don't think, (this is what the documentary is about) but certainly replying to e-mails in a timely fashion has. So please accept my apologies here until I can make time to contact you & say so in person. In the meantime, I bless you that you had a beautiful Shabbes, wish you a Shavu'ah tov & look forward to connecting with you personally - as far as computers allow - very soon, bli neder.
Zei Gezunt

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Not the worry: long as you're all right. About the film, who's making it? CBC? NFB? Any idea when they'll finish it?

5:41 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
Yes, barukh haShem, everything is just great, PMP. The film is being directed by Daniel Zuckerbrot & will appear, G@d willing, on Vision TV here in Canada & on the Faith & Values channel in the US next summer. I hope & pray that it serves to draw people closer to the Holy One. In the meantime, it's been a lot of fun!
Shavu'ah tov :)

3:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google