Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

RULES OF THE GAME

בס"ד


Due to the direction the comments veered to on this post, I'm going to spend a little time developing a blog policy.

What d' y'all think of that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can develop a policy if you want, but I see nothing out-of-line about the comments there (unless there were others you deleted). Everyone behaved civilly. It's an interesting discussion, and one I think you should be prepared too encounter many times over the course of your life. This blog could be a great forum for discussion on the topic.

7:02 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
No, I didn't delete any comments - I don't tend to do that (see several abusive ones left intact in my blog) - it's just that a commenter accused me via e-mail of being dishonest. I just thought that if I had a policy outlining how I intend to operate, so that everyone understands better, will perhaps encourage some folks to give me the benefit of the doubt.

9:22 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
This is odd - the comment below from Jen appeared in my mailbox, & on this blog, but then disappeared. I was going to reply to it, but when I went back later in the day after I had seen it on my blog, it was missing. I'm not very web- or blogger-savvy, folks, so please forgive my crude way of replacing this comment:

From: Jen (anonymous-comment@blogger.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: aviel@soferet.com
Subject: [Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet] 7/03/2005 03:17:18 PM


The benefit of the doubt is a great thing, is it not? I wish you much of it in all your dealings.

--
Posted by Jen to Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet at 7/03/2005 03:17:18 PM

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
My response to the above replaced comment:
It sure is, Jen - thanks very much for your wishes & Ameyn!
:)

4:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google