Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

BS"D


THE LITTLE BIG HORN IS CLOSED

Sunday, August 1st
As I sped down I-90 the fear of the notorious unplugging battery which put the kibosh on my May speaking engagement in Eugene, Oregon, began to haunt the back of my mind.
Instead, I wished I'd asked Michael for his last name (he ignored all my attempts to reconnect over Shabbes) so I could at least continue to reach out to him, hoping he was at least keeping the 7 commandments of the Children of No'ach:
· No blasphemy against G@d and or G@d's Name
· No idolatry or worship of other gods or objects
· No murder or needless killing of another human
· No cruelty to or eating the flesh of a living animal
· No stealing, kidnapping, or other theft or cheating
· No immoral sex acts like adultery, incest, or pedophilia
· Establish a justice system to enforce the Noachide Laws
Montana has great state welcoming billboards!
Hurriedly ate lunch of tuna & pickle sandwiches in the car.
In the early afternoon I encountered an aggressive gas station customer in Billings - banging his fist on the window right next to my face - some people get so rageful about buying gas.
8pm - the little big horn is closed :( Shame - I love road trips so I can visit historical sights as well, not just drive endlessly.
As the sun slipped behind the rolling hills of the high plain, I stopped for mincha & dinner standing outside the car next to the stop sign at the Parkman exit. There was *nothing* around except a single doe who was bound & determined to leap the barrier & cross the freeway in the dark. I watched her nervously & mentally pleaded with her to cross on the path underneath, but she worried her way across without incident, barukh haShem.
Stopped for oil & gas in Sheridan. The oil light keeps flicking on each time the car turns, & didn't have time to change the oil before the trip (not smart), so there's always a couple of litres of 10-40 in the back.
Red full moon, like a bloody visage. T"U b'Av. The Full moon, the great relief & forgiveness of this holy & intense month. A lunar eclipse on Jewish Love Day.
By 11:30 I was exhausted, so pulled over into the Powder River rest stop in Wyoming & slept in the front seat of the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google