Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Monday, August 11, 2003

BASHERT

BS"D


Joel wrote this for me last night during Ron & Chelsea's wedding reception. This morning he played & sang it for me under the chestnut trees in the grass before he took me to the airport. He was luminous.

Better Lullaby

In flight
Belt down tight
Many miles before I sleep tonight
Snow-soft clouds for my dry eyes
Past days hold still like fireflies
Go fly away
My new sunrise is here to play
Shafts so bright through the tall wood
But how will this be any better
When it’s all good?

Insane
Hop on a plane
Got no carry-on to hold a flame
Burns so bright where I left from
Makes each sunset the best one
Then I’m alone
Many miles come away from home
Past days rise like a wall would
But how were they all any better
When it’s all good?

Lie lie lie lie lie lights out
Fists down
No sound
Fly, fly, fly until your dreams land
And tell the Sandman he’d better… better…

Love you
Love me too
Thank G!d I’ve got my work to do
Sets my course where the seas rise
Futures dim like my dry eyes
I’m flying home
Burns so world-wide, I’m flying home
No flight lifts like a fall could
So how could I feel any better
When it’s all good?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some one told me to try blackherring

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Ok...what does that have to do with this post?

10:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google