Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

NOW I'VE GOT A PEACEFUL EASY FEELING...

בס"ד


14 TAMUZ

Barukh HaShem, Joel is safely arrived after his lonely 16-hour drive & is now sleeping the dust of the American High Plains off his eyelids. When he wakes we will drive to Cleveland & stay with the incomparable Jill Rosenberg, a good friend of Joel's from Oberlin.

Much later...

When we arrived at our destination, a silver Honda kept circling & honking at us. I am always very suspicious of anti-social behaviour, so when this man drove up & down the block glaring at us I urged Jill to help us get our things out of the car & safely inside. Maybe it was Joel's kipah that set them off. I get stared at a lot more since I got married, seeing as I'm seen out in public with a man easily identifiable as a Jew. Since we didn't arrive until after 3am, we had a short but hilarious visit, including taking a boo at Jill's comedic greeting cards she designed for a living. The Torah of Carlton Cards, hmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're back posting. I'm glad. Sorry 'bout the beastly car - refuah sheleimah to it.

6:51 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks. Things are still rickety with internet & our cash flow, but G@d willing that'll all change soon...

5:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google